Social Venture Institute Women 2020 will take place at the IONS Earthrise Retreat Center. The Center is located at 101 San Antonio Road, Petaluma, CA 94952
EarthRise is a beautiful, semi-rural retreat center in the hills of Sonoma County, California
At EarthRise, guests can commune with the land and experience ecological awareness and transformational programs and practices that foster self-reflection and personal growth. The campus is a place where we integrate theory and practice, science and spirituality, as well as renewal and retreat. EarthRise at IONS is located just 30 miles north of San Francisco. It is easily accessible from the East Bay and North Bay, as well as from San Francisco, making it one of Northern California’s premier retreat sites.
Once approved to attend SVI Women, you will be given access to both register for the event and book your accommodations directly with Earthrise Center.
In order to accommodate the maximum number of attendees we recommend shared occupancy, however there are single occupancy rooms available. We also offer a commuter package if you prefer to stay off-site.
- Check-in time is 4PM and check-out time is 9AM, unless otherwise arranged and noted. On the last day, you can leave your luggage in the dormitory hallway.
- We have single and double occupancy rooms, with one or two beds in eight different buildings located closely together. Each dormitory has hallway bathrooms that are shared between all overnight guests in that dormitory.
- We provide all bedding, linens and towels.
- We also provide Shampoo, Conditioner and Shower Gel by EO®, a family owned and operated, Certified Organic Manufacturer of personal care products using the highest grade natural and certified organic ingredients.
- Using a bounty of sumptuous, mostly organic, locally grown, seasonal fruits and vegetables and sustainably raised fish and fowl, our kitchen team creates imaginative, eclectic menus that nourish the body, soothe the soul, and warm the heart. Lunches are vegetarian and dinners include fish or chicken as well as a vegetarian option.
- Our meals are served buffet style. We are not a restaurant and therefore we do not take individual orders.
- Complimentary tea and coffee are available in the community building from 7:00AM – 7:00PM daily. Coffee and tea supplies are also available in the guest kitchen in Chalet #2 and can be made by guests anytime.
The campus lies on 194 acres of hilly terrain. There is a road and walking trail between the dormitories and the community building where meals are served. The road is lit at night for safe passage. It is a 5-10 minute walk to and from the dormitories and community building.
Swim suits are required. No alcohol or glass is allowed in the hot tub area. The hot tub is accessible for people with mobility challenges via a lift.
WiFi is available to all of our guests and is password protected. There is also a desktop computer and printer in the community building.
Cellular Telephone Coverage
All cellular telephone carriers receive coverage on campus. We ask that you turn your ring setting to vibrate or silent while on campus to not disturb other guests.
Earthrise Center is located on 194 acres of rolling hills and most of the campus is grouped into areas easily accessible by foot. Bring footwear that is comfortable to walk between the lodging, meeting rooms, dining hall, and on trails. It is a 10 minute walk to and from the lodging/West Room meeting room, and the Dining Hall
- There is easy parking for cars with disabled placards conveniently located next to all meeting rooms
- Earthrise staff is on call with golf carts to transport attendees with mobility issues at any time
- Earthrise has unfixed seating comprised of back jacks and chairs
- Meals are mostly vegetarian and comprised of locally grown, mostly organic seasonal fruits and vegetables, and sustainably raised fish and fowl. All meals are served communal, buffet style to accommodate common dietary needs
- All ages are welcomed at Earthrise however we are unable to host a childcare option for this year’s event.
- Due to allergies and sensitivities to scents please leave your perfumes, scented body oils, and incense at home
- Wireless internet is available and free at this event