Social Venture Institute Women 2018 will take place at the IONS Earthrise Retreat Center. The Center is located at 101 San Antonio Road, Petaluma, CA 94952
EarthRise is a beautiful, semi-rural retreat center that provides sleeping accommodations for up to one hundred and twenty people in a mix of single and double rooming options. IONS purchased the Petaluma property in 2000, which included lodging and dining facilities. EarthRise at IONS is a conscious living center that provides a gathering place to explore ancient wisdom traditions, supports experiential learning, and engages in modern scientific inquiry. We support intrapersonal and interpersonal consciousness work in a gorgeous natural setting.
At EarthRise guests can commune with the land and experience ecological awareness and transformational programs and practices that foster self-reflection and personal growth. The campus is a place where we integrate theory and practice, science and spirituality, as well as renewal and retreat. EarthRise at IONS is located just 30 miles north of San Francisco. It is easily accessible from the East Bay and North Bay, as well as from San Francisco, making it one of Northern California’s premier retreat sites.
Lodging and Meals at Earthrise
Once approved to attend, please register for the event $495 USD and then book your accommodations directly with Earthrise Center.
In order to accommodate the maximum number of attendees we are recommending shared occupancy, however there are a few single occupancy rooms available:
Double Occupancy – $150.00 per person/per night (includes all meals)
Single Occupancy – $195.00 per night (includes all meals)
- Check-in time is 4PM and check-out time is 9AM, unless otherwise arranged and noted. On the last day, you can leave your luggage in the dormitory hallway.
- We have single and double occupancy rooms, with one or two beds in eight different buildings located closely together. Each dormitory has hallway bathrooms that are shared between all overnight guests in that dormitory.
- We provide all bedding, linens and towels.
- We also provide Shampoo, Conditioner and Shower Gel by EO®, a family owned and operated, Certified Organic Manufacturer of personal care products using the highest grade natural and certified organic ingredients.
- Using a bounty of sumptuous, mostly organic, locally grown, seasonal fruits and vegetables and sustainably raised fish and fowl, our kitchen team creates imaginative, eclectic menus that nourish the body, soothe the soul, and warm the heart. Lunches are vegetarian and dinners include fish or chicken as well as a vegetarian option.
- Our meals are served buffet style. We are not a restaurant and therefore we do not take individual orders.
- Complimentary tea and coffee are available in the community building from 7:00AM – 7:00PM daily. Coffee and tea supplies are also available in the guest kitchen in Chalet #2 and can be made by guests anytime.
The campus lies on 194 acres of hilly terrain. There is a road and walking trail between the dormitories and the community building where meals are served. The road is lit at night for safe passage. It is a 5-10 minute walk to and from the dormitories and community building.
Swim suits are required. No alcohol or glass is allowed in the hot tub area. The hot tub is accessible for people with mobility challenges via a lift.
WiFi is available to all of our guests and is password protected. There is also a desktop computer and printer in the community building.
Cellular Telephone Coverage
All cellular telephone carriers receive coverage on campus. We ask that you turn your ring setting to vibrate or silent while on campus to not disturb other guests.