Activate builds the digital capacity of the progressive movement.
June 7-11. Cortes Island, BC.
A curated gathering for the sharpest minds in progressive politics, nonprofit, labour, advocacy, and more.
Learn from world-class speakers who’ve led winning campaigns across the continent. Be challenged by new ideas and re-inspire your work.
Deep relationship-building with like-minded progressive digital practitioners, campaigners, and advocates. Build your network and create friendships for the long haul.
Walk away from Activate with tangible skills to power up your upcoming progressive campaigns. We focus on equipping you with a variety of hard skills to succeed in your work.
Soak in the forest, mountains, and ocean. at the beautifully secluded Cortes Island. Feel nourished and rejuvenated to tackle your work with new energy.
Limited tickets available.
Register now to secure your spot.
Tuition: $795 CAD
Full and partial scholarships available.
Activate is a highly immersive and interactive experience
Learn from the best progressive leaders. Get inspired by behind-the-scenes stories from the biggest campaigns.
Head of Public Engagement, Lyft
Former Executive Director, Obama’s Organizing For Action
Create deep relationships with like-minded leaders that inspire and invigorate. Receive mentoring and support to build winning campaigns.
Skill Building Workshops
Interactive and engaging skill-building workshops feature leading digital practitioners who have mastered best practices from brand strategy and marketing, to digital organizing, advertising and analytics.
"Incredibly valuable to my own growth – will give value to my work in many ways for years to come."
"This was a remarkable experience. I feel rejuvenated both physically and intellectually. My whole time here has been mind blowing."
"Activate was a powerful experience of making connections, having my mind blown and walking away with tangible skills, empowerment and hope for our future."
"The first Activate was a life changing experience for me – I made incredible, lasting friendships, and a new career."
High-level Activate 2022 agenda. Stay tuned for updates about 2023!
- Opening circle
- Building unlikely coalitions to win
- Persuasive messaging in a post-truth world
- Digging into digital analytics
- Driving online conversion for offline action
- From Observer to Organizer: How to increase your organization’s capacity and impact through meaningful engagement and training
- What are you willing to lose to win?
- Go deep to go far: Moving from reactivity to transformation
- The movement activation model for digital fundraising
- How to stay sane in a hyperactive world
- Inclusive by Design: Overview of digital accessibility considerations
- Copywriting for effective mobilization and impact
- FAIL! Night: Stories of failure & redemption
- Mapping the progressive tech ecosystem
- Thank you for donating — now what?: Turning grassroots fundraising into strong community relationships
- Digital storytelling & media for a Just Transition
- Celebration party
- Closing circle
Meet your people
Join the sharpest minds in digital from across the continent
Activate is for progressive digital practitioners. You might be a digital director at an advocacy organization, a content writer at a political party, an organizer at a labour union, or a senior leader who tries to bring all these pieces together. You might work with clients to deliver great digital campaigns, or build new technology. We know that important, exciting, and innovative digital work is happening on the margins and encourage people from a variety of backgrounds to register.
Your Production Team
Khari Wendell McClelland
Host & Facilitator
Social Innovation Manager, Hollyhock
Activate Advisory Committee
Engagement Leader, Yukon
National Digital Campaigns Lead, Canadian Labour Congress
Managing Director, Defiance Digital
We are grateful to our Partners and Sponsors who provide critical support to ensure Activate Conference’s success and to increase accessibility by supporting the scholarship fund.
If you are interested in partnering with Activate Conference, please connect with us.