Architects behind some of the most successful progressive campaigns of 2020 will share key learning moments and insights you can bring to your work. These inspiring sessions will highlight progressive success, reconnect you with what’s possible when we win.
Engaging plenary discussions put our keynote speakers’ work into context: How can you learn from their wins? What lessons can you apply to level up your work in advocacy, campaigns, unions, and electoral politics? Dig in with some of the brightest minds in digital today to get answers to these questions and more.
Preventing Digital Burnout
The pandemic has only dialed up the intensity and urgency of social and environmental change work. Everything feels urgent – but so many of the systems and structures we work in demand an unsustainable pace, and recreate the harms of the systems we’re working to dismantle. If you want to find ways to do the important work over the long term, and take care of yourself and your community while you do, you need to take a hard look at burnout culture.
In this presentation you’ll learn to:
- Recognize, explore and unpack sources of digital burnout;
- Understand the signs and signals of high stress, and;
- Consider ways to manage your energy and time.
Bloom; The Burnout Project
Three Metrics to Grow your Membership and Boost your Organizing
Labor unions and other membership-based organizations rely on consistent revenue to grow and thrive.
In this presentation you’ll learn:
- The three most important metrics to track if you want to grow your membership strategically.
- How to calculate your Lifetime Member Value and Member Recruitment Cost, using our easy calculator.
- How to evaluate your membership growth and organizing campaigns, and identify the best-performing parts of your unions based on data.
Power Mapping for Digital Campaigning
This is a 201-level training on power mapping with a digital lens and how to effectively choose digital tactics to reach your targets. Ideal for somewhat experienced campaigners newer to digital.
We will cover:
- strategic goal setting
- power mapping to find your ideal targets
- examining relationships that influence targets
- choosing tactics & digital tool (with references to cool New/Mode examples) to achieve your campaign goals
The Art and Science of Text-Based Engagement
Learn the keys to productive engagement with your audience through simple, text-led experiences. Supercharge your fundraising, member engagement, volunteer coordination, advocacy and get out the vote efforts through text.
This workshop is for you if you use digital communications, and want to level up your understanding of how to use texts to engage your supporters.
Organizing to Mobilize: Fighting Back against Conservative Forces in a post-COVID Context
Join Point Blank’s Andrew Burns and Natasha Madison as they explore strategies and tactics to fight against regressive forces, with a focus on re-engaging supporters after this period of sustained and rolling crises. We’ll explore strategies that are working, developing a fightback plan, adapting to change in the uncertain future and how to bring supporters back on board after an intense 18 months of COVID and crisis, where many supporters were focused on other issues.
Point Blank Creative
Point Blank Creative
Finding Breakthrough Messaging
Too often we create messaging that feels exciting for those closest to the issue, but fails to resonate and activate a broader coalition. In this workshop, we’ll share the simple framework that underpins much of the work that Avalanche Insights does supporting the development of breakthrough messaging.
- Explore case studies from our work developing breakthrough messaging in the 2020 electoral cycle and on some of the most polarizing issues
- Share a framework you can apply in your day to day message development to persuade and activate winning coalitions
- Demonstrate the power of qualitative data at scale